Thursday, July 2, 2009
Oh Boys!
Cooper is very energetic. And he also LOVES to play and wrestle with his older brothers. Andrew likes to wrestle back with Cooper, but Barik is a bit more "soft" and gets annoyed by Cooper easily. So, when Cooper goes into attack mode, Barik turns the other cheek. Again, and again, and again. Barik always ends up in tears. After exhausting our other discipline tactics, we finally turned it over to Barik, instructing him to stand up for himself--that when Cooper goes into "Cooper-kazi" mode, to retaliate. However, much to our dismay, this form of retaliation only encourages Cooper. He's like a helicopter of arms and legs flying after Barik. Barik begrudgingly retaliates, but still cries (after all, the desired effect of Cooper being stopped in his place by his other brother is not achieved). This has been going on for about a month. Today, Barik informed me that he was no longer going to hit Cooper back when Cooper hits him. "Why?" I asked him. "Because I love Cooper." to which I reply, "You know Barik, that is what Jesus would do." Thanks for putting me back in place, my little Bear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is such a great wake up call for all of us...so cute of Barik!
Super cute...I try that too sometimes...yes my girls hit, and they usually wont hit back...it's funny and a great lesson all at the same time.
Post a Comment