Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary Leslie!!

(Paul's Voice) I was writing out a card for our anniversary and thought it would be fun to add to the blog. Here's what the card reads:

I LOVE YOU...(next page) MOMENT TO MOMENT, DAY TO DAY... I LOVE YOU MORE AND MORE!!! Even though the card only cost $.99, I still think it says what I want it to say. I'd spend another $.99 if it sang the line to music.

(Here's what I wrote inside the card)
Wow!! What a wonderful life so far! I love our marriage and our family. It's pretty great, don't you think? I love laughing with you at night. I love looking into your eyes and having you smile with those big dimples. When I see the love in your eyes, I would do anything for you. I love you more than I would have ever imagined. Everyday I love you a little more.

You are a great friend and lover. You are fun and funny. Hearing you laugh and seeing you smile is a joy!

I think back to when I was 19 & you were so young, so naive and beautiful! Three years later we broke up and became even closer than ever before. Two more years and I was so nervous to hold your hand... and you wanted to skip that base altogether. Its hard to believe how young we were and how much life we had ahead of us. Skip ahead two more years and we were no longer alone. Skip 3 & 2 & 2 and now we're 6 strong. Hard to believe each new child can increase the strength of a heart and my love for you. Here's to 65 more years... Well, maybe we'll just leave it as many many more.

Love Paul

1 comment:

The Gearharts said...

I love you too Leslie. wink wink, nudge, nudge.