I've never seen so much rain! The school even called to ask parents to pick up their students early. With the amount of rain we were getting plus the forcasted wind (60 mph that eventually turned into a tornado warning), there was concern for the safety of all the students. Kind of scary. It's times like that where the only thing I wanted was for all of us to be together. I called Paul at work and asked him to come home early. Roads were being closed due to flooding. The green field at the end of our neighborhood was filling quickly and eventually flooded into the road. There was so much water! Sand bags were being distributed at local fire stations, but we decided to just have Paul and Andrew dig trenches around our back porch to slow the water from encroaching upon our sliding glass door. They took the trenches around the side of the house and out to the street. All of a sudden, we had river front property.
I sent a text message to all of our out of state family asking for prayers that the rain would stop and the wind wouldn't come. Even though the forcast called for another 3-5 inches of rain during the proceeding 24 hours, and even though there was severe wind warnings, at 10:30 pm, the rain stopped. And while we got a bit of wind, the severe wind passed us over and the tornado touched down in the Scottsdale area.
Knowing we were prepared (food storage, heat/cooking sources, and trenches), I was a little uneasy, but not scared. What a blessing it is to be prepared! And what a blessing it was to witness the power of prayer! We were watched over and protected! And we were together.
No comments:
Post a Comment