Monday, February 15, 2010

THE Valentine's Box

There are few things I look forward to as much as I do THE Valentines Box. We all do. It's the one big package we have been getting from my wonderful mother-in-law on the holiday of love for the past 5 years. And it has become tradition to enjoy every last bit of it!

So here's how it all plays out. For days, I'm checking the porch several time per day. I know it seems a bit juvenile, but that's how excited I get! I know it's coming and the waiting is almost too much! FINALLY after much patience, (ok, not really, but you know) the BOX arrives! Now, this isn't just a small box--one that would fit in our mailbox. No. This is one that must wait on our front porch.

With a quick glance at the boxes contents, the fun begins! If we have any more kids, grandma will need to send a bigger box.

Next: The "bubble bath".




And then it's on to the "snow" fight.







After it snows, what do you do? Make a snow angel, of course.

And after all the fun is had with the box (at least all the fun mom can handle), we all move on to the yummy candies, hand dipped chocolates, and the best sugar cookies made (in my humble opinion, that is).

Thanks, Grandma Carol, for making our Valentine's Day EXTRA special! We all sure appreciate the time, talent and money that goes into this wonderful tradition!

2 comments:

Erika said...

That looks like such a blast! And those cookies sound delightful right now. Do you have any left?!

wackywilsons said...

Seriously? Who needs snow? I loved the snow angel...now...what happened to MY little ol' cookie??