Monday, October 11, 2010

Limes, Glorious Limes!


My Lime tree produces generously for me year after year. This years crop yielded 10 water bottles full of Glorious Lime Juice (to be frozen or given away to those who LOVE my Limes as much as I do).


My generous limes came at a price this year--the acid from their sour juice burned my fingers. For nearly a week after extracting all that cheek puckering juice, my fingers were red and were tender to the touch. They were even swollen. Gross! Almost three weeks later, they are finally peeling. Strange, I know. I guess I'll be wearing gloves for next years harvest.

4 comments:

Arianne Pearce said...

ME ME ME ME!!!! I want some lime juice! Oh those are beautiful. What a small sacrifice to make for such deliciousness. I am sure that your fingers are fine. lol. No more binkies huh? Well, Ellie just gave up the thumb and it's wonderful! I want to know how it went!

The Thompson's said...

The lime juice is absolutely marvelous, but I am still amazed at what it did to your hands. I would have never in my life thought limes would do that.

wackywilsons said...

I love you my leper.

The Gearharts said...

That sounds like some strong juice. Never even thought of it doing that...why didn't you take pictures of your finger to share?