Saturday, November 20, 2010

Spares and Strikes

were in abundance at the Bowling Lanes Saturday night. I had NO idea bowling could be so much fun! I've always been a terrible bowler! Paul and I went bowling on our first date...The first round (I know that's not the technical name) I bowled a 70. That was slightly embarrassing, especially considering that Paul was throwing strikes left and right. But the second round was the ultimate in humiliation. I bowled a 20. No, I didn't forget a zero. That was it. Just a 20. How can I be "cool" and impress this super hot guy with those skillz?! So, I took bowling at BYU for one of my gym credits. Now I know the technique, but over-analyze all my moves and am still a terrible bowler!

ENTER 4 little boys. And with those little boys come gutter rails. Ahhhhhhh! (angels are singing in the background). Check out the score for "M" (mom, ME).
It was a proud moment. Even if I did have a LOT of help:-).

But check out these little guys! They were so much fun to watch! Even more fun than breaking 100.


He jumped so high the camera couldn't capture his head...



Don't you love that this ball is bigger than he is?! And he did it ALL by himself:-).




I LOVED these little shoes!


This little guy threw with such force that he often went down the lane with the ball.



This guy was "too cool" for pictures.


My FAVORITE boys in the WHOLE world!!!

Bowling will definitely be on our list of great activities to do again...

2 comments:

Arianne Pearce said...

You are so funny. I love the commentary. I love bowling too! I am not very good at it, but it's one of our family faves. The kids are fun to watch also. We usually get one lane for kids and one for us, but I throw some random awsome ones and then mostly crap. Still lots of fun! I thought the same thing about the little shoes!

wackywilsons said...

YOu got some great pics at the bowling alley...last time I took my camera, they asked me to stop taking pics! LOL