Monday, January 10, 2011

Cooper-Crazy


Is my new name for our 4 year old. He thinks it's really funny. I never know what to expect from him. I often leave shaking my head in disbelief. For example...

After throwing an absolute, throw-down fit over having the blinking light of his tooth brush turned ON one night, (which resulted in spending quite a bit of time outside in his undies "chilling out") I didn't turn it on the next night. "I want it ON!!!" he yelled at me.

"It's time to go to preschool, Cooper." In near melt-down mode he responds, "I don't want to go to preschool!" I try to point out the best in every situation. So when there's school, he "gets" to go to school. When there's not school, he "gets" to stay home. On Monday, when he doesn't have preschool, he asks if he has to go to school. "No, you get to stay home today." "BUT I WANT to go to school!!!" Ugh!

"Cooper, will you get your jacket on?" "I don't WANT to wear a jacket!" So we leave without a jacket. "Where's my JACKET?!?!"

"I don't want a bath!" followed with "I don't want to get OUT of the bath!"

"I don't care if I have dessert tonight." "Why don't I GET dessert?"

I never know when he's going to turn. I'm sure it's just a 4 year old thing. But this 4 year old is bi-polar! Laughing hysterically at one moment and then crying equally hysterically at the next.

That being said, I sure love this kid! He and Barik have become such good friends over the past several months. I remember this happened when Andrew and Barik shared a room. Brothers turned into best friends. Now it's Cooper and Barik's turn. They were just brothers before. But now they are best friends. They seek each other out when they have something funny to share. They both think the other is hilarious! They are each others biggest fans. It's good to have Barik's good influence over Cooper.

As a side note, Cooper recently became aware of germs. Drake wanted a drink of Cooper's Gatorade, to which Cooper replied, "He can't. He'll be a zombie!!" Maybe Cooper drank a zombie's Gatorade. That could explain why he is "Cooper-Crazy."

1 comment:

Herbert Family said...

I'm glad to read this and see that maybe it is just a 4 year old thing. Rylyn is very much like this latley and I feel like everything is such an issue. I am hoping it is just a stage!