Monday, August 8, 2011

Back To School!

Kindergarten Jump Start...
All the Kids met on the playground
Found their teachers
And then parents were asked to walk them to the door
And leave.
Just like that.
No classroom "Good byes."
No classroom pictures.
Just a hug,
A Kiss,
And "See you in a couple hours"
Cooper told me that he cried a little when he got to his classroom
But he told himself to
"Stop crying and be brave. And then I stopped, Mom!"
My heart broke for him
And rejoiced with him all at the same time.

So come the first day of REAL school,
Coop was MORE than ready!
All those little nervous bugs
Worked their way out of his system the week before.

Here he is with THE BEST Kindergarten teacher at Sunset Hills.
She gets SO many requests from parents
That it has actually caused some contention amongst all the Kinder teachers.
I met with her back in February
To learn more about her teaching style.
And then was told to wait until the purple teacher request forms were available.
But this year would be different.
The Principal put the hammer down on Teacher Requests.
We'll get who we get
And we won't throw a fit.
(except that I WOULD throw a fit if Coop got
that ONE Kinder teacher...
You know, the ONE Barik had...)

So, you can bet I was more than THRILLED
To find out Cooper was able to be in Mrs. Connelly's class.
With his Best Friend Laney Kiedrowski!


Barik's teacher, Mrs. Zsilavec looped with her 1st Grade class
We already knew we LOVED Mrs. Z

Andrew was a super good sport
About smiling for the camera
Even though he was completely humiliated!
No pictures inside the classroom for him!
We're also super excited about his 5th grade teacher.
Mrs. Voss taught 4th grade last year
And I was very impressed with what I saw of her.
Even Drake got to start School this year.
He's so excited to be a Big Boy like his brothers
And go to Miss Emily's preschool.
This should be a fantastic School year for all the Boley Boys!

1 comment:

wackywilsons said...

Drake seriously looks like he is going into 2nd grade in that pic. Where has the time gone!