Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

For Halloween this year, we had Optimus Prime aka Cooper,
Iron Hide aka Barik,
Fantastic 4 aka Drake
and Glow-in-the-dark Stick Figure aka Andrew come to visit us.


Halloween in AZ is usually WARM!









This boy is ALWAYS sweaty! 
His temperature runs HOT!








Andrew carved this skull all by himself!
Impressive!



Barik's Headless Horseman that Paul carved.



Cooper's Vampire Kitty that I carved.



Drake's happy Kitty.
This year I reluctantly cut another one of my Apron strings.
We let Andrew go Trick-or-Treating with his friends...
BY
THEM
SELVES!

He had his cell phone and was given STRICT instructions to stay in our little neighborhood.
I probably called him every 15 minutes to check on him.
My little boy is growing up.  {sniff sniff}

The rest of the crew stayed together and enjoyed a night of chatting with all of our neighbors.

Another thing I really LOVE about Halloween in AZ is that most of the neighbors are sitting out on their driveway awaiting all the little ghosts and goblins.  Because it's so warm here, but finally "cooling down", everyone is anxious for any excuse to be outside without sweating profusely.  I love seeing and getting to know neighbors we wouldn't otherwise talk to.  It's such a friendly evening!  And of course, I love gorging myself on all the loot the kids bring home!
Happy Haunting!

No comments: