Today was Mother's Day. And all I have to say is that I love my husband!!! He got up with the kids, and what seemed like only a few seconds later, they were delivering breakfast in bed. This is a real treat (for the boys even more than me). They LOVE climbing up in bed with me and sharing my breakfast. Paul has learned over the years that this is the case, so he was prepared with extra. Scrambled eggs w/ cheese, yogurt w/ cut up bananas, two pieces of toast, some blue gatorade, and a freshly cut rose all on a tray. What a treat!
He was asked to give a talk today in sacrament meeting about how to support your wives. And while I mocked the idea of having to take care of all 4 boys by myself during sacrament (what kind of gift is that?!), he did a remarkable job (or so I'm told). I was out in the hall with Cooper, our wild child--as most 3 year olds are. He did really well up until Paul got up to speak. He had maxed out his time in Sacrament meeting. So off to the halls we go. I got to hear snippets of his talk. He started with some things other primary kids said about their mothers. I'm sure the moms all loved that. I know he helped make their mothers day special as well. He ended with a tribute to his "beautiful wife". I was a bit embarassed, but loved every word I could hear (still in the hall at that point). Several people commented to me about how wonderful my husband is. All I can say is "I know." He truly is amazing and I am so blessed to have him in my life.
Mother's Day didn't stop there. We got home and he continued to pamper me with lunch, made dinner, did all the dished (he kept commenting that he felt like he was doing dishes all day). He even kicked me out of the kitchen when I tried to help with dinner. He bought some little chocolate cakes, a book and a card. I loved them all, but most of all, I loved the attention and the pampering.
He even focused FHE on me tonight. Barik was super sweet, Cooper was running wild, Drake was oblivious and Andrew was a smart alek (sp?). He's in a really selfish phase right now (at lease I hope it's a phase). He came home from church with a mothers day card that said something to the effect that I shouldn't ask him to do things that I can do myself. What kind of mothers day card is that?! Paul sat him down and tried to explain to him the idea behind mothers day...so FHE was his next shot. Oh yeah, he blew that one too. Paul asked the boys all sorts of questions like who makes sure you have clean clothes, who makes sure you have something to eat, who makes your lunch, who reads you stories and sings you songs? And while all of these things are done by both of us, it's mainly me who does them. But Andrew had to keep making little comments like "well, she doesn't do that good of a job at that." or "Dad does that too." He just doesn't get it. Is it a first child thing to be so self consumed? Did we do something wrong with him? How do you teach a child to be more respectful and appreciative? Stop doing all things for him so he can learn the hard way? Paul and I just sit back and shake our heads about that aspect of him. He's so great in so many other ways (I think--hard to remember right now).
Anyway, don't want to end on that negative note. I am so grateful for my healthy family. I love my 4 sweet little boys. They are the reason I get to celebrate Mother's Day. Barik was super excited to give me his mothers day gift--a foam star with his picture in the middle of it. He is so sweet. Cooper wanted it for himself--I think he wanted to make something for me too. I had the nursery kids make hearts for their moms, but he ripped his in half. Oh well. Good try anyway.
Off to watch a movie with my wonderful husband. Happy Mothers Day to us all!
4 comments:
I am so excited to be your first official "comment" on your new blog!!! Let the fun times begin with the Boley Boys...welcome!
I will show you whatever I know to add some spice to your blog...although you already have what it takes, a great skill of writing.
I think Paul is a great hubby too...my favorite part of his talk was when he said, "You have my heart Leslie. You are the most beautiful woman." Made all of our hearts melt!
Caviston our oldest is often selfish too!
Welcome welcome to the blogging world! I love it! I am really enjoying reading your hilarious thoughts and I can't wait for MORE! And pictures!!! I love ya Boley boys (and girl)!
I am sorry, but that is pretty hilarious. I think they go through phases! Good to know there is someone else out there working through how to deal with 4 boys!
Post a Comment