Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Andrew earned his Bobcat

Tonight was the first Pack Meeting since Andrew officially became a cub scout. This was a new experience for me and my boys. Andrew, along with 3 of his other friends (Mason Kiedrowski, Bryce Hackney and Walker ?), were introduced to the Pack tonight and when Andrew was asked what his favorite thing to do was, he replied "play Gotcha Force". Not too many of us knew what that was. Man, he sure loves to play game cube!

Since Paul is out of town, I was able to have all 4 boys to myself at Pack Meeting. About an hour into the meeting Cooper told me he needed to go poop. Great! So, here I go with Drake in one arm, a bottle of water, a bottle of milk and a binki in the other arm--off to the bathroom. Too bad the nursery bathroom was taken. That would have been so much easier. So Cooper (pooper) sat, and sat, and pushed and pushed. Meanwhile Drake and I patiently waited. Hmmm. Not quite what I had in mind for our first son's first Pack Meeting. But not to worry, my good friend Darbie Hall came calling for me in the bathroom saying that I needed to go pin something or other on Andrew and that everyone was waiting for me. What to do? Cooper is still in "pooper" position, I have toilet paper in my hand (ready to make the escape on the double), Drake in my other arm (still) and my sweet oldest is in need of a good "pinning". Sweet Darbie (to the rescue AGAIN) takes over the toilet paper and tells me to go. What kind of friend does that?!

After receiving his Bobcat, I was able to paint verticle lines on his face--2 blue lines on his left cheek and 2 yellow lines on his right cheek. He was pretty stoked. What a great beginning to Scouts! What a great way to get these young boys excited about learning to become more honest, trust worthy, loyal, brave (and all the rest of the great things that are in the scout motto). The Lord has blessed me with 4 boys so I can have an appreciation for this program. I used to think scouting was silly. But already, with the minimal experience that we've had with scouting, my respect for the program has grown. I sure love my boys and am very pleased that Andrew is so excited for this new adventure.

4 comments:

Arianne Pearce said...

Yeah for Andrew! Way to go mamma of four! Gotta love the friends who will wipe your kids but!

wittygal said...

I love Cub Scouts!

Paul said...

You know you wouldn't have much of a story if I had been in town. Somehow I come through even though I'm out of town!! Yeh Dad!

wackywilsons said...

You are super mom and I can't wait for more stories of your crazy monkeys!