The other day Andrew said to me, "Mom, do you know many people who have gone through what I have in such a short period of time?" "No, Andrew, I don't know any kids who have gone through what you have." In April, he broke his arm, needing surgery to put it back together properly (stitches #1). In August, Dr. Vaughan took the pin out of his radius (stitches #2) and a couple days ago, Dr. Mackey (a dermatologist) made an inch long incision in Andrew's back to remove some "abnormal" tissue, thus requiring 4 stitches (stitches #3). Thank goodness for insurance! And thank goodness this all happened in one calendar year, after already meeting our deductible for the first surgery.
He sure is a brave boy! He was nervous, definitely didn't want to go through with the procedure (even asked me about losing his hair). I assured him that going through this little bit of pain now meant that he wouldn't have to go through a lot worse pain down the road (if that spot ever turned into "C"). He didn't cry for the shot and chose not to look in my eyes during the procedure (he could see the reflection of the doctor cutting into his back).
I'm sure glad that spot was nothing more than "abnormal" and that it's now taken care of--won't have to worry about it anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment