After walking the street of the art festival, we took off to Arizona Mills and walked the halls of the mall. And then we hurried off for our 5:30 pedicure appointments at our favorite Surprise Nails. And then shuffled our newly painted toes across the parking lot to Macayos for yummy chips, salsa and baja sauce (my FAVORITE). (Did I mention before that the best events are surrounded by good food?)
April, Michelle, Adrienne and I split Arianne's time equally. We all had a chance to have her over for a sleep over. The first night we all (minus Michelle who had a nursing baby awaiting her at home) slept at April's. It felt like we were 12 again. Staying up late, playing the color game, watching a movie, eating more good food (this time it was gormet popcorn), with no kids around (April's were already asleep). A special thanks to all of our husbands who so willingly took over so us grown women could act like little girls again.
We all got together as often as possible. Making and eating Adrienne's yummy home made pizza, playing card games, eating more chewy deserts, drinking limeades, going out to Big Buddah for lunch, going on a run. And all of these things were in remembrance of things we did when our sweet friend lived many, many, many miles closer.
Oh how I miss this girl and wish she lived closer! Spending 5 days with her reminded me of what an amazing gal she is! I miss her sense of humor, her ability to lovingly laugh at herself her "best"ies. I often tell her she should be a psychologist--her ability to read and understand people beyond surface level astounds me. She is much wiser than her meager 29 years of experience should allow. And while I know my pleading won't do a bit of good, I do it shamelessly anyway, PLEASE COME BACK TO US PEARCE FAMILY!!!
3 comments:
Oh that sounds like fun, Arrianne is so sweet.
She is quite a great person and friend and I second that motion to return to Arizona!
I agree....sniff sniff. She is wonderful and I miss her like crazy.
Post a Comment