Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Some HOT visitors

July isn't the time I would recommend a visit to Arizona. It's so hot here that when Satan was in the market for a Summer home, he left, disgusted, saying, "It's hotter than Hell here."

But, when family calls, family comes. Austin and Whitney Cooley (Brent's son and daughter-in-law) had a beautiful baby girl and would be blessing Oaklynn the first Sunday in July. So, we were fortunate enough to get ANOTHER visit from the Cooley-Murff's. And my parents tagged along so they could be part of the festivities as well.

So, what do you do in the Summer time when even the "cool deck" burns your feet? You swim, swim, and swim some more. And when you're not swimming, you're playing X-Box or computer games.
Check out this lay out of computers...(my computer wasn't even in the picture:))
Or maybe even Legos...
Or watch Brady Bunch on Uncle Brent's computer (wrapped in a blanket???)
And of course, there's always the wrestling matches with Austin. (Making him laugh and smile brings a smile to all of our faces.)


Paul, Dad, Brent and Brent's brother went to a DiamondBack's game...
And Debbi, Mom and I went swimsuit shopping while all the kids stayed home. (Thanks, Bailee for changing Drake's poopy diaper. This was the first of many for this up and coming babysitter.)

The 4th of July fireworks start after Drake and Cooper go to bed, and not wanting to deal with tired kids, I put them to bed. Bailee and I stayed behind while everyone else went to the park to enjoy the patriotic display. But Bailee and I didn't miss out. Oh no! We sat up on the roof and watched several firework shows from the comfort of my tiled roof. I loved that Bailee wanted to stay back with me:).

Andrew got a HUGE kick out of scorpion hunting with Whitney's family. He still has those dead (I hope) dried up scorpions on the top of the fridge where he regularly gets them down to show his friends. Ewwww! Gross!

We love our visitors! Keep them coming! (Summer, or not!)

No comments: