The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty.
The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets.
Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
-Hervey Allen
Yup.
The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets.
Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
-Hervey Allen
Yup.
I'm 35 now.
I used to think that was SO old.
Not any more.
Not now that I'm 35.
Celebrating for a week is always a great thing.
Starting the Saturday before the BIG day,
The Wilsons and the Ashtons came over for "Up in the Night Brownies" (aka Caramel Brownies)
and bestowed upon me some GREAT gifts!
LULULEMON!!!
Here are a couple tops my wonderful friends and family bought for me.


I used to think that was SO old.
Not any more.
Not now that I'm 35.
Celebrating for a week is always a great thing.
Starting the Saturday before the BIG day,
The Wilsons and the Ashtons came over for "Up in the Night Brownies" (aka Caramel Brownies)
and bestowed upon me some GREAT gifts!
LULULEMON!!!
Here are a couple tops my wonderful friends and family bought for me.


And one of the crops they spoiled me with.
(Mine have gray, black and white blocks)
There's one more crop that I can't find a picture of to post...
But let me just tell ya, they are super cute!
With "rouching" below the calf.
Lululemon is an athletic clothing company that sells an AMAZING product.
It wicks the sweat away and keeps odor to a minimum.
Much better than anything else I've seen or used.
It took an army of my great friends and family and my sweet hubby to pay for all that quality stuff. And because they're kinda pricey, these aren't things I would normally buy. So this really is a great Birthday gift. I just want you all to know that it has been put to VERY good use! I sweat in it often! (but smell fresh while doing so)
A great way to start off the week of celebration!
On my actual birthday, the boys made me breakfast in bed.
(except I had just made my bed, so we ate in Andrews bed instead)
I tell ya, they really are the sweetest!
With no eggs in the house, my hubby improvised with toast and our favorite strawberry jam.
Cooper insisted that Paul cut my toast into an "L"
And then Cooper ate my "L" toast.
We all sat and ate in Andrews room.
Me on the bed with Andrew, Barik and Cooper,
Paul and Drake on the futon.
Then it was off to the gym for a run.
And a weigh in.
Yup.
You read that right.
A weigh in.
You see, I've been working toward my "goal" weight for over 7 years.
But I had 2 babies during those 7 years, so never came very close.
I've been chipping away at those extra pounds since Drake was born.
One pound at at time.
And earlier in the week, I was ONLY 1/2 pound away.
I watched what I ate.
And ran extra hard.
So where was the scale?
It wasn't in the locker room.
(and I don't own one).
I sent Paul on a hunt for the scale.
I HAD to weigh myself in.
What a great birthday gift to give myself...
Reaching my GOAL on my BIRTHDAY!!!
I was SURE I made it!
But I HAD to know for SURE!
The scale was inconspicuously hidden RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE FRONT DESK!
UGH!
How embarrassing!
I DO NOT want to weigh myself in front of EVERYONE!
But I HAD to KNOW!!!
So, I tried to be as invisible as possible.
Placed my purse and water bottle on the Front Counter.
Took a deep breath
And stepped on the scale.
I moved those scales as quickly as possible.
But had to stay there long enough for them to even out.
And long enough to see what I actually weighed.
...
...
...
...
...
I DID IT!!!!!
I stepped off the scale.
As non-chalantly as I stepped on.
Still trying to be invisible.
Not wanting to draw any attention to myself.
With Paul right by my side.
"Did you do it?" He asked
"Yes."
"That's it? No jumping up and down?"
"No. Let's go."
Inside I was jumping up and down.
Inside I wanted to cry.
I was so happy!
I've worked so hard!
And I FINALLY made it!
Happy Birthday to ME!!!!
OK.
Enough about me.
Now it's time to get to Barik and Coopers last Baseball game.
They both did really well.
Cooper even hit Coach Nick's pitches TWO TIMES!
They both paid attention.
Barik was a great Catcher!
They got their trophies.
And snacks.
Then we all came home.
Time to get ready for the DiamondBack game.
Andrew, Barik, Paul and I met up with our friends the Glovers
Becky, Dan, Megan, Danny, Jake and Ashlynn
And Becky's mom Kathy (aka Momma Rothe)
for dinner at the Olde Spaghetti Factory
Then the boys (all 6 of them) and I were off to the game.
Fun times were had by all.
The worlds BEST chocolate cake was waiting for me on my doorstep.
Two layers of Chocolate cake with mini chocolate chips.
THICK Chocolate butter cream frosting all around.
With chocolate shavings covering the top and sides.
OH MY!!!
It's a really good thing I weighed myself BEFORE this chocolate cake.
I have ZERO will power when it comes to Amy's amazing chocolate cake!
I ate cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
She also left a worry stone for me (the self proclaimed worrier)
And a darling friendship watch.
What an amazing friend!
A day filled with
Friends,
Family,
Food,
Phone calls,
Cards,
and
Chocolate Cake.
What could be better?
I feel so blessed and loved.
But wait!
That's not all!
Sunday morning, Paul made me breakfast in bed.
Again.
But this time, he made pancakes.
He even managed an "L" pancake.
He's amazing!
Sunday was a much slower pace.
Much more my pace.
We spent lots of quality time together.
Watching movies,
Eating,
and going to Church.
You know how earlier I said that I used to think 35 was old?
I don't anymore.
And not just because I'm 35,
But because I feel great.
I'm more secure with myself.
Paul and I are financially secure.
The previous unknowns of marriage and family are now known.
I'm more in love with my husband than ever.
We have our health...
Physically and Mentally.
The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty.
The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets.
Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
-Hervey Allen
(Mine have gray, black and white blocks)There's one more crop that I can't find a picture of to post...
But let me just tell ya, they are super cute!
With "rouching" below the calf.
Lululemon is an athletic clothing company that sells an AMAZING product.
It wicks the sweat away and keeps odor to a minimum.
Much better than anything else I've seen or used.
It took an army of my great friends and family and my sweet hubby to pay for all that quality stuff. And because they're kinda pricey, these aren't things I would normally buy. So this really is a great Birthday gift. I just want you all to know that it has been put to VERY good use! I sweat in it often! (but smell fresh while doing so)
A great way to start off the week of celebration!
On my actual birthday, the boys made me breakfast in bed.
(except I had just made my bed, so we ate in Andrews bed instead)
I tell ya, they really are the sweetest!
With no eggs in the house, my hubby improvised with toast and our favorite strawberry jam.
Cooper insisted that Paul cut my toast into an "L"
And then Cooper ate my "L" toast.
We all sat and ate in Andrews room.
Me on the bed with Andrew, Barik and Cooper,
Paul and Drake on the futon.
Then it was off to the gym for a run.
And a weigh in.
Yup.
You read that right.
A weigh in.
You see, I've been working toward my "goal" weight for over 7 years.
But I had 2 babies during those 7 years, so never came very close.
I've been chipping away at those extra pounds since Drake was born.
One pound at at time.
And earlier in the week, I was ONLY 1/2 pound away.
I watched what I ate.
And ran extra hard.
So where was the scale?
It wasn't in the locker room.
(and I don't own one).
I sent Paul on a hunt for the scale.
I HAD to weigh myself in.
What a great birthday gift to give myself...
Reaching my GOAL on my BIRTHDAY!!!
I was SURE I made it!
But I HAD to know for SURE!
The scale was inconspicuously hidden RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE FRONT DESK!
UGH!
How embarrassing!
I DO NOT want to weigh myself in front of EVERYONE!
But I HAD to KNOW!!!
So, I tried to be as invisible as possible.
Placed my purse and water bottle on the Front Counter.
Took a deep breath
And stepped on the scale.
I moved those scales as quickly as possible.
But had to stay there long enough for them to even out.
And long enough to see what I actually weighed.
...
...
...
...
...
I DID IT!!!!!
I stepped off the scale.
As non-chalantly as I stepped on.
Still trying to be invisible.
Not wanting to draw any attention to myself.
With Paul right by my side.
"Did you do it?" He asked
"Yes."
"That's it? No jumping up and down?"
"No. Let's go."
Inside I was jumping up and down.
Inside I wanted to cry.
I was so happy!
I've worked so hard!
And I FINALLY made it!
Happy Birthday to ME!!!!
OK.
Enough about me.
Now it's time to get to Barik and Coopers last Baseball game.
They both did really well.
Cooper even hit Coach Nick's pitches TWO TIMES!
They both paid attention.
Barik was a great Catcher!
They got their trophies.
And snacks.
Then we all came home.
Time to get ready for the DiamondBack game.
Andrew, Barik, Paul and I met up with our friends the Glovers
Becky, Dan, Megan, Danny, Jake and Ashlynn
And Becky's mom Kathy (aka Momma Rothe)
for dinner at the Olde Spaghetti Factory
Then the boys (all 6 of them) and I were off to the game.
Fun times were had by all.
The worlds BEST chocolate cake was waiting for me on my doorstep.
Two layers of Chocolate cake with mini chocolate chips.
THICK Chocolate butter cream frosting all around.
With chocolate shavings covering the top and sides.
OH MY!!!
It's a really good thing I weighed myself BEFORE this chocolate cake.
I have ZERO will power when it comes to Amy's amazing chocolate cake!
I ate cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
She also left a worry stone for me (the self proclaimed worrier)
And a darling friendship watch.
What an amazing friend!
A day filled with
Friends,
Family,
Food,
Phone calls,
Cards,
and
Chocolate Cake.
What could be better?
I feel so blessed and loved.
But wait!
That's not all!
Sunday morning, Paul made me breakfast in bed.
Again.
But this time, he made pancakes.
He even managed an "L" pancake.
He's amazing!
Sunday was a much slower pace.
Much more my pace.
We spent lots of quality time together.
Watching movies,
Eating,
and going to Church.
You know how earlier I said that I used to think 35 was old?
I don't anymore.
And not just because I'm 35,
But because I feel great.
I'm more secure with myself.
Paul and I are financially secure.
The previous unknowns of marriage and family are now known.
I'm more in love with my husband than ever.
We have our health...
Physically and Mentally.
The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty.
The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets.
Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
-Hervey Allen
1 comment:
I am happy to be the first to comment to my dear OLD friend Leslie :) Only a few more years and I will be there with you...you make it look like fun and are still so "young" to me, that I am not dreading the big 3-5!
As you already know, I am so proud of you for reaching that goal weight, and you do look smokin' hot in that spandex ;)
Love your buns, your tight little buns and so happy you are my friend!
Post a Comment