 |
| My sweet Bear asked his Grandpa to take a picture of him with his Mama. |
 |
| When Dad asked Bear if he wanted any other pictures, he said that he wanted a picture with his Grandpa. |
 |
| Barik used Dad's camera with one of his HUGE lenses sitting atop his tri-pod to take this picture of my Dad and I. |
During the photo shoot, Barik was very inquisitive about photography.
"Is it hard to be a photographer, Grandpa?"
"Which button do I push, Grandpa?"
"Can I help put the tri-pod legs down?"
 |
| Barik's Quad |
 |
| "BARIK D. BOLEY" is engraved on his scriptures. |
 |
| My Mom and Dad gave him a baptism pillow case to color. |
 |
| And a book about the Holy Ghost. |
 |
| Paul and I gave him a journal with his name engraved on it. |
 |
| I sure love these handsome boys! |
 |
We invited the Elders to teach Barik the discussions before his baptism.
Elder Walpole and Elder Jones with Barik. |
 |
| Paul's parents, Mike and Carol with Barik. |
 |
| My parents, John and Valerie, with Barik. |
 |
| Barik and Peter Buhanan shared their baptism day. |
 |
| Barik with his cousin, Conner. |
 |
| My boys in their whites. |
Barik asked Paul to give the talk on baptism.
With Paul already in his whites,
The first thing he said was,
"Did you ever have that dream where you were talking in front of a group of people in your underwear?"
How strange to NOT be wearing your "Sunday Best" while giving a talk...
In his baptism talk, Paul mentioned that baptism is the first step these boys are taking along the path to receiving the priesthood. Holding the power of the priesthood is a huge blessing and can bless other people's lives. 3 years ago, Paul used that sacred priesthood power to help save Peter's life. I know that EVERY person witnessing the baptism of Peter and Barik have been touched by the miracle that took place that day. Some of us more than others. I was very emotional seeing these two sweet, innocent boys in their whites. I feel very blessed to have shared this very special day with the Buhanans. I am very aware that things could have turned out very differently.
If you'd like to read more about this miracle, click the link below.
No comments:
Post a Comment