Saturday, December 12, 2009

A visitor in the night

Paul and I were getting ready for bed when our bedroom door was mysteriously shut. Knowing it was probably one of the kids, I went to check it out. There, sitting on the floor just outside our bedroom was Cooper.

Me: "What are you doing, Cooper?"
Cooper: "Turn your light off."
Me: "What do you mean, 'turn your light off'?"
Cooper: "Turn your light off so I can come sleep on your floor."
Me: "No, you need to go sleep in your own bed."
Cooper: "So I can wait for you to turn your light off?"
Me: "No, you need to stay in your own bed to sleep."

I took him to his bed where he refused to lay down. Hoping sleep would overcome him, I left him sitting up in bed and went back to my own bed where the light was still on and Paul and I read for a bit. Not more than 5 minutes later, Cooper's door opened. Paul and I made bets as to how long it would be from the time we turned off our lights until he joined us and made himself all comfy, cozy on the floor. Sure enough, a few minutes after the lights were out in our room, our little visitor found his way to slumberville on the comfort of mom and dad's floor.

1 comment:

wackywilsons said...

What a sweet boy who loves his mama and papa....